Monday, August 9, 2010

Pay It Forward Featured Artist.....Dana.

I would like to welcome you all to this special post. Today, I would like to introduce the Pay It Forward Artist for this Monday. Her name is Dana. And she is a sweet, talented, and determined woman when it comes to her candle making. It shows in every candle that she pours and every order that she fills. She gives each candle her own special attention to detail. That is what makes her product stand out from all the rest.  But don't take my word for it. Here is her bio in her own words:




  "My name is Dana and I live in a small town in South Carolina with my wonderful husband Freddie and my 19 year old son Tyler.

I worked in retail accounting for a company based out of Ohio for many years. Then one day we were told that they would be closing all the Southeastern stores and I was devastated this was my dream job. So I picked up the pieces and moved on.
At first I was excited to be a SAHM but quickly became depressed because I was so used to being on the go all the time and never stopping. So going from that life style to doing nothing was very hard on me.
So that Christmas I decided to hand make all my gifts and everyone LOVES candles so that's what I decided to make. I did a lot of research on line and practiced. I searched the Internet to find the finest wax, fragrance oils, and molds to produce the highest quality candles. And with a lot of trial and error, I mastered the art of candle making.
That year I gave them to family and friends and they became a huge hit. Next thing I knew I had orders coming in. I started having home parties and doing craft shows. Then I had so many friends and customers suggest that I start my own web site. So with much consideration my husband and I agreed that is what we should do. So he handled all of that for me, thank goodness because I'm not good at that part of the business. I think he did a wonderful job on the web site and that's how Homespun Treasures began.
I'm so fortunate to be able to do what I Love and I count my blessings daily."

Here are a few samples of her outstanding work:

You can visit Dana's website at http://www.homespuntreasures.net/.  She has so many fantastic items to choose from. You may want to choose them all!

And don't forget to check out her wonderful blog Homespun Treasures by Dana. It is definitely a great blog to read!



I want to thank you all for taking the time to read about my featured Pay It Forward Artist, Dana!
And a big "THANK YOU" to Dana for being my very first one. Now that you have read about Dana please pay it forward by posting the Pay It Forward Featured Artist Button any where on your blog or website. You can find the button on my right hand side bar.

                                                              Thank You!





Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License

4 comments:

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

Gen THANK YOU so much for doing this for me I really appreciate!!! I can't wait to see which artist you have next week. Hope you have a great week ahead.

Blessings,
Dana

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

You are a good friend, putting out the word for a great crafter.
★Linda★

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Gen,
Wow, I'm likin' the look of her candles and tarts. Gonna have to roll out the dough:) Thanks for doing this outta the kindness of your heart:)

~All Roads Lead Home~ said...

I have so many of Dana's creations! She is such a dear and talented friend! Too bad that our computer screens aren't scratch and sniff, because Dana's goodies smell as good as they look! She really does use the best quality ingredients in her candle and tart making and it shows! You won't be dissapointed! Can't wait to see what she is creating for Fall! I LOVE her little pumpkin tarts, they are AMAZING! My favorite scent is pumpkin crunch!Thanks for doing this Genevieve, what a sweet and thoughtful idea. I am now a follower! Have a wonderful day! ~Sarah~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...